Write down the emotion mind thoughts and feelings, the reasonable mind thoughts, and the wise mind thoughts and feelings.
- I feel fat.
- I feel overweight in my stomach and my lower back.
- I feel like my face looks too big.
- I feel like I am ugly because I am fat.
- I feel like I am not capable of being close to others when I am fat.
- I feel like I am not loveable when I am fat.
- I feel like people like me more when I am skinnier.
- I feel like people are prouder to be around me when I am skinner.
- I feel like people treat me differently based on the way that I look. Specifically, I feel like people are more considerate of my feelings when I am skinner. I feel like I am overlooked/ignored when I am fatter.
- I feel like in order to be loved, there has to be less of me.
- I fear giving up, so I rigidly control how I eat so I know I am still trying.
- I fear emotional eating, and retracting to how I used to eat, completely emotionally.
- I feel more attractive when I am skinnier.
- I do not feel like I am capable of good things when I am fatter.
- I want to be healthy.
- I want to have my period.
- I do not want to starve or binge.
- I do not want to spend so much time thinking about food.
- I do not want to be constantly hating myself.
- I want to spend my time focusing on more important matters.
- I want to nurture my body with nutritious food and healthy exercise.
- I want to be stable with my nutrition, exercise, and mood and I know that binging and restricting will not help me to achieve those goals.
- I am negatively affecting the lives of those around me when I “act out” in eating behaviors.
- I am negatively affecting my relationships when I “act out” in eating behaviors.
- The people closest to me were in my life when I weighed the skinniest, but they were also there when I weighed the fattest.
- I commit to stability. I commit to stability in my nutrition and exercise.
- My eating disorder is hurting my life. I will no longer use food to solve problems. I will stay committed to stable nutrition and exercise. I will tend to my mental health and stop judging my feelings.
- I do not have to starve myself to be skinny.
- I do not have to be 110 pounds to be skinny.
- I can be 110 pounds but still FEEL fat.
- I need to change the thoughts I have about myself in order to change the way I see my body.